Artist Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the Passaic County Arts Center. If you have information you would like to share regarding a potential exhibition proposal, please read the following information carefully before submitting materials.
HOW IT WORKS
The PCAC welcomes artist submissions for exhibit consideration on a rolling basis. Staff members will review artist submissions regularly. Submissions that fulfill the PCAC’s mission and meet our standards of quality will be further reviewed by our County Administration. After submitting your materials, our Museum Curator will email you within one week’s time to let you know it was received. Please do not contact the PCAC to check on the status of your submission (we receive an overwhelming amount of responses!). Should your submission be of interest to the PCAC following its review, the Museum Curator will contact you directly. Submissions are accepted in a bound/hard-copy format or by email.
READY TO SUBMIT?
There is no deadline, as submissions are reviewed as they are submitted; however, incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Submissions that include the following items will be accepted and periodically reviewed:
- A cover letter stating the intent of your submission
- Artist’s CV
- Artist’s Statement
- Briefly state your exhibition idea/theme; what is unique about your work? How many art objects can you provide? Do you want to exhibit with another specific artist? (Have them submit their portfolio as well.)
- Up to 10 images of the work(s) labeled with the artist’s name, title, date, medium, and dimensions.
- Letter of Support
- Exhibition Proposal Form (Note: This form is not necessary for those responding to a Call for Artists)
Your portfolio submission should be of professional quality. Please send your material to the Passaic County Arts Center by mail:
Attn: Artist Submission
Passaic County Arts Center
675 Goffle Road
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
or by email:
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- We are unable to return submitted materials. Original artwork is NOT accepted! Please do not include any original artwork OR self-addressed stamped envelopes.
- PCAC staff will not make studio visits, view works in person, or make visits to private collections during the initial phase of the review. If the Review Committee is interested in your work, we will contact you about any further steps.
- Opportunities for inclusion in the exhibition program and collection are very limited.
- PCAC as an institution cannot perform appraisals or authentications of any work of art.
- The Museum Curator will make every effort to review the work and respond to the artist in a timely fashion, but no maximum or minimum response time is guaranteed. The PCAC is unable to set up unsolicited appointments with the Director or site staff.
If you are a collector who would like to offer works of art from your collection to the Passaic County Arts Center, please follow the guidelines below.
- Please provide us with as much information as possible about the work, including artist, date, medium, size, and provenance information (history of ownership).
- Please state explicitly if you are offering these works for loan (temporarily sharing them with the PCAC for exhibition), for sale (please include your asking price and date by which you need a decision), or for donation.
- Please note, the PCAC cannot identify, authenticate, or appraise your collection. The Museum cannot assist with conservation, preservation, or art handling.
Please send your material to the Passaic County Arts Center by mail or email. Please note, the PCAC cannot return materials sent by mail.