Thank you for your interest in the Passaic County Arts Center. If you have information you would like to share regarding a potential course proposal, please read the following information carefully before submitting materials. We seek to recruit and employ outstanding instructors who will support and enhance our mission.
HOW IT WORKS
The PCAC welcomes proposals for art courses and workshops on a rolling basis. The Museum Curator will review submissions regularly. Submissions that fulfill the PCAC’s mission and meet our standards of quality will be further reviewed by the Director of the Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs. After submitting your materials, our Museum Curator will email you within one week’s time to let you know it was received. Please do not contact the PCAC to check on the status of your submission (we receive an overwhelming amount of responses!). Should your submission be of interest to the PCAC following its review, the Museum Curator will contact you directly. Submissions are accepted in a bound/hard-copy format or by email.
The Passaic County Arts Center is seeking art educators to enhance and expand our arts programming. Art Education Faculty provides the Arts Center’s studio school programs with quality art and design classes and workshops. Art Faculty will teach kids through adults in a wide variety of mediums not limited to drawing, painting, sculpture, and more. Resumes are accepted on an ongoing basis, and applicants will be contacted based on the current needs of the Arts Center.
Days, evenings, and weekend positions are available. Studio schedules will vary. Adult art classes and workshops can be offered during the day, evenings, and weekends. Kids’ art classes will be offered on evenings and weekends.
- Prepare lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the medium(s).
- Responsible for approving your schedule for the upcoming semester by the set deadline.
- Responsible for setting up and cleaning up your classroom/space as well as maintaining the studio space organization system.
- Creating lesson plans, materials lists, and program descriptions.
The ideal candidate has teaching experience and possesses strong communication, organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills. They should demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage a classroom, and work independently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Arts in Education, Fine Arts, Art History, Art Education, or related field preferred
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Experience working with a variety of audiences and students in a camp or classroom setting is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Competency in teaching one or more of the following mediums and/or processes: drawing, painting, sculpting, printmaking, jewelry design, and collage.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to work independently.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work with a variety of students, artists, and staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping, and light lifting (at least 25 pounds) is needed.
READY TO SUBMIT?
There is no deadline; proposals are reviewed as they are submitted; however, incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Submissions that include the following items will be accepted and periodically reviewed:
- A cover letter stating the intent of your submission
- Resume and/or CV
- Program Proposal
- Letter of Support
- Fee Structure
- Completed Application Form
Your submission should be of professional quality. Please send your material to the Passaic County Arts Center by mail:
Attn: Art Faculty Position
Passaic County Arts Center
675 Goffle Road
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
or by email:
Additional Important Information:
- Art Faculty will not be employees of the County of Passaic. Positions will be contracted. For more information, please contact our offices.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- The PCAC is unable to set up unsolicited appointments with the Director or site staff.
- PCAC as an institution cannot perform appraisals or authentications of any work of art.
- The Museum Curator will make every effort to review the work and respond to the artist in a timely fashion, but no maximum or minimum response time is guaranteed.