The Passaic County Arts Centers offers seasonal gallery attendant positions and accepts proposals from art instructors for classes.
March 13, 2022
SALARY / HOURS:
$15 per hour
Up to 30 hours per week; flex schedule.
Under the direction of the Director of the Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs, the primary function of this position is to assist staff in the daily operations of the Passaic County Arts Center. This is a six-month, temporary position
- Monitoring galleries and public spaces to ensure safety for visitors as well as works of art;
- Conduct schedule and unscheduled tours of the site and various exhibits to members of the public;
- Assist instructors in pre-scheduled arts classes and workshops for both adults and children which will include making sure supplies are available, registrations, and checking people in;
- Assist in physical installation and de-installation of rotating exhibitions;
- Catalogue and conduct inventories of collections (including photographing and researching objects/works of art);
- Responsible using social media and our website for promoting events and exhibitions;
- Assist in maintaining office files and inventory records;
- Answers telephones and email inquiries; and
- Provide customer service to visitors and ticket/art sale services.
QUALIFICATIONS / ELIGIBILITY:
- May be enrolled or have graduate from an accredited college/university with a focus in art, art history, museum studies, or related field
- Previous experience in museums, cultural programs, art spaces, etc. are preferred but not required;
- Working weekends are required for this position. Depending on the event taking place, some nights may be required. Candidates will not be considered otherwise;
- Passaic County residency is preferred
- New Jersey residency is required.
- Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to operate a variety of visual and audio aids;
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, up to 30 lbs. Physical demands are for light work.
County of Passaic, EOE
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Kelly C. Ruffel
Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs
199 Totowa Road, Wayne, NJ 07470
Email to KellyR@PassaicCountyNJ.org